Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On my desk.... ish.

Well I've been busy browsing some beautiful photos from the Wednesday on my desk meme, begun by Kootoyoo, and I must say I'm having a little bit of desk envy. I tried to make one of those cute little mosaics of some of my favorites but it didn't seem to work. boo :( Guess I still have some blogging tricks to master. Well, anyway, my envy spawns from the fact that at home, I can't say I really have a desk... I mean, I do, but it contains my old, not really working desktop computer, and piles and piles of paper, rendering it rather unusable. My main workspace is the living room couch and floor and so things have a tendency to become very messy and unorganized. In fact, I hardly spend any time in my own room at all... it's become more of a storage area :/ And at school, well, my desk is all full of boring school-type stuff, and nothing lovely and crafty.

Well, yesterday in my beloved flamingo print dress (thanks to e-bay for the photo) I found myself in a 1950s housewife sort of mood where I wanted to clean and organize and perhaps make my desk and room into something usable once again! However, I was working most of the day (from 11am-12:30pm and from 3pm-10:30pm) and so didn't have the time. Today, I have had all the time in the world but haven't had that same punch of desire to organize, no matter how many photos of pretty desks and clean craft closets I lust after.

Alas, for now, even though It's not Wednesday, I did want to show you a picture of what's on my "desk," aka the couch, which is what I've been working on today rather than doing any sort of cleaning whatsoever. I'm pretty excited about it, but can't show you much more as it may end up being for a craftster swap I've just signed up for... though this is still kind of a trial run.


And speaking of swapping, head on over to Jezzeblog and check out her Swatch Swap which I think is an absolutely fabulous idea. I've only printed fabric once or twice before, but I had a great time with it, and if you do too, or if you've ever wanted to give it a try, you should head over to swap some swatches too!

Anyway, time to whip myself up a quick dinner and perhaps I will feel a bit more inspired after I eat...

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

I love a roving desk...sometimes desk, kitchen bench, floor, sofa.