Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Matryoshka's for my Travels

So, I have returned from Germany and had an absolutely wonderful time. I will, of course, soon have lots of goodies to show you from my trip, but first I'd like to show you the new wallet I made myself right before I left. I'm really pleased with it because of it's small size and the larger capacity it has than the last wallet I made, which is now ragged and falling apart.

It took a lot of trial and error, because while I loosely based it on a craftster tutorial, I was pretty much making it up as I went along, which makes me even more pleased with the results.

I used a discount print I found at Joanne's which I think is really charming, plus I had enough of it not to worry about wasting it with all my trial and error.

Anyway, without further ado, pictures:

front of the wallet:


opened:

3 card pockets, 1 clear ID pocket, two misc pockets (where the papers are sticking out) and of course, the cash money pocket.

inside the cash pocket:


and the part I'm proudest of (and what my last wallet was really lacking)- the zippered coin pocket on the back:

It proved quite useful in Berlin, especially since 1 and 2 euro are coins!

Since returning from my trip I've gotten right back on the crafting circuit.
Most recently I carved an "initial stamp" which I plan to be offering in craftster's SSS round 10. I'm so excited! :)


Anyway, goodies from my trip to follow soon, along with the final transformation of a WIP to a KIP which I know you've all been waiting for ;) haha

2 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

ohhhh glad that you're back.

AWESOME wallet. The design is super cute. I'm surprised you got it at Joann's. :)

Freddie said...

Thanks, I was slightly surprised too, especially since I love the awesome, expensive, Matryoshka prints on superbuzzy. Joann's can be really great and surprising sometimes though!