Sunday, December 30, 2007

Thrift

So, I don't know where the rest of you folks out in blog land thrift, but for the most part, the thrift stores in my area are the homes of the old and grimy, rather than the cute and kitschy. However, the other day I made this little, adorable discovery at Housing Works:

There was another identical mug as well, and while I felt a little guilty separating the pair it was hard to justify another $4 for the second one, let alone for the first. (Another thing, our thrift stores aren't always that terribly cheap either.... I suppose that's NYC for you).

Too cute though, the mug has a label which says it's dishwasher and microwave safe so you can heat up soup in it ;) It's also says it's circa 1989, the year I was born.

Well, it's almost the new year... still haven't done any crafting since finishing that hat, but I need to make those mittens before I go back to school or I won't have them until next winter :o We'll see what happens ;)

1 comment:

Susan said...

I have one of those, but my parents have had it since forever and a half!
-Susan
(I'm susanec from the Teen Blogging group on Ravelry)